Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring Break

Max has been on spring break all week Unfortunately both Dan and I had to work and Brayden does not have break for another week, so we could not go anywhere. Max did have his appointment with his therapist this week and he thinks he is doing great, so we don't go back for 5 weeks. I think a lot of things are making the difference in him. He is maturing, the medicine he takes is the right one for him, and Tae Kwon do is giving him a positive influence. I was talking to two moms of students at Tae Kwon do tonight, one has know Max since we adopted him and the other just met him. The one that just met him was commenting on how quickly he has picked the new form up, the second Mom commented on how far he has come in 5 years. She first met him at age 5 when her husband coached him in T-Ball. Max really enjoyed T-Ball, but one thing his coach forgot to tell everyone was that Max did not understand English. They would call out instructions to him and he would stand there, or pick flowers. It took several weeks before they realized he really had no clue what they were saying. Now these people also understood the obstacles Max had to overcome. Even though I have been watching this child learn Tae Kwon do for over a year now, it still amazes me on how quickly he picks things up. Tonight they were breaking boards (not wood, but re breakable boards), I was a nervous wreck. He went right up there threw a sidekick and the board went flying. The smile on his face was priceless, this is what he has been waiting for and now he gets to do it. He tests for his Senior Blue belt next week and I know he will pass. He has not only impressed me, but also his instructor with abilities.

2 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at your description: "he would stand there, or pick flowers". That was funny. I'll be thinking of you this week - keep me informed, your furry babies and scaley one will be looked after with love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheri. Thought everything was fine but then got a call today that we need to go down. I am hoping they can find what is causing the problems and help him feel better. Hate Max missing school, but family has to come first.

    ReplyDelete

Photobucket